November 2010 – Nightmare at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
By Dr. David M. Berman
Dreams are interesting aren’t they? We have all had different types of dreams. Some are just crazy. I call these pizza dreams…you know…when you eat too much pizza before you go to sleep and the next thing you know a giant pizza carrying a shotgun is running after you. Those are harmless dreams that we laugh about. Most dreams are nothing more than that.
Occasionally we can get a different kind of dream. These dreams make an impact because they are so vivid, so real feeling, and so very terrifying. Even a grown man can wake up in terror and feel a sense of great relief when realizing “it was only a dream.”
I must say, I wonder if we are all dreaming sometimes. I mean can it really be that the country I was raised in has become this? Let’s look at the truth of what is happening and then ask ourselves the question;
1) Our nation has been taken over in every major institution by progressives. The education establishment, The main stream news media, the entertainment, the arts, the healthcare, and the banking are all under the control of a socialist government.
2) Our national debt is unsustainable as both political parties have led us down a path of slavery to the debt, and placed us vulnerable to our enemies.
3) We have become a nation of multiple groups who do nothing but cry racism at every turn.
4) Political correctness has been institutionalized so that free speech in not tolerated in places like Universities, etc.
5) Churches have been infiltrated by liberal progressives who now deem homosexuality as “God given.” They now openly endorse and celebrate so called “gay bishops” and clergy.
6) People who stand up for the Constitution are now seen as radical and crazy.
7) Pastors are told what they can and can’t say from the pulpit under threat of government action.
8) The culture has produced 70% out of wedlock births in the black community and numbers approaching that in the white population.
9) We have over 40 million people dependent of food stamps.
10) Our President speaks of the wonders of Islamic history at a White House Islamic Ramadan celebration and refuses to honor a national day of prayer that is promoted by Christians.
11) The church in America that once proclaimed the inerrancy of the Bible, preached the gospel, spoke out on moral issues, and stood for proper respect of the biblical principles that founded this nation, now have become “emergent” doctrinal cowards.
12) Writings of power like Tozer, Simpson, and Henry etc, have been replaced by post modern feel good self help drivel.
What is the question? Is this a nightmare? I wish that was all it was but it is not. It is the reality of a worldview that did not start with Obama, but certainly has accelerated greatly in its insidious takeover of our beloved land. We are in the middle of what can only be described as the lucid nightmare of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Only we do not get to wake up and say “it was only a dream.” In this bad dream we are awake and there are no pizzas chasing us with shot guns. Instead there is a world view backed by massive centralized power that seeks to place us under hard tyranny.
We have truly come to the proverbial fork in the road. We will choose one way or another and if we do choose liberty it will not be pretty. When a nation allows itself to go this much off track it is near impossible to return. If we are to gain our liberties back, if we are to return to the principles of limited government, and power belonging to the people, we must have a second American revolution. I pray for a political revolution. I hope it does not come to the bearing and use of arms however if it must it must. Thomas Jefferson said:
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
“It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.”
“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned – this is the sum of good government.”
“A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.”
Was Thomas Jefferson a “radical Fox News watching Tea party activist?” Was he some sort of extremist who had crazy ideas? If he were alive today that is exactly what President Obama, and his fellow plunderers of liberty would say about him. I know that my critics will call me a war monger and say that I am advocating violence but that is not even close to true. I do not wish for violence. I do not want any sort of fighting, and I continue to trust that it will not come to that. Having said that, may I remind all of you that this nation and the freedoms we have enjoyed did not come about by simply talking. It was the revolutionary war that our forefathers fought with their own fortunes and blood that bought our liberty. Are we better than they? Are we to believe that tyrants no longer exist? Are we to believe that we have come to some utopia in which our liberties will never be threatened?
So just what am I advocating concerning this nightmare on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? I am advocating strong and focused political and educational action. I am advocating non violence. I am advocating everything possible be done to avoid what is inevitable to come if we do not change our direction back to the Constitution. You see it is not me that is advocating violence; it is history that screams out the warning of its impending threat. Mark my words. If we do not change direction, there will be bloodshed because at some point people will simply say NO MORE!
That is NOT what I want to see happen but I believe our founders told us by their example that we should always be ready to defend our God given rights. May The Lord spare us from being forced to use our second amendment right to defend ourselves from tyranny.
Please Vote for Constitutional Conservative Candidates!!!!!!