March 2014 – The Fall of The American Dream
“The American Dream” These words have motivated millions of people to find a way to come to America. People would leave everything to come here. Why? Most would answer this question in the wrong way. They would say people came here for money. Although it is true that people desired a better financial situation, it is clear that what drove the masses was something that did not really exist anywhere else; American Constitutional Freedom.
The dream was not simply for a job. The dream was to own property, raise their children in their faith, self-determination, be free from government searches, have due process of law, and freedom of political and religious speech and practice. With all of America’s faults (all institutions that involve humans are flawed), America was the hope of the masses for freedom from tyranny and a security in the principles of liberty.
There can be no doubt that the America which the “huddled masses” longed for has deteriorated into a cesspool of corruption, and a central power conspiracy of blood sucking leaches. The power elite are never satisfied with the power they grab from the people. They manipulate the masses to gain more and more control over every possible aspect of our lives as they consolidate their hold on the average American. No one is safe from their tentacles as technology has given them more and more tools to watch our every move. Where is the American my father fought for in WW2? Where is the America I grew up in where hard work mattered and people were ashamed to go on government assistance? Where is the America that taught respect for liberty and the rule of law? Where is the country where parents had a right to raise their children and discipline them? It’s gone.
Now, the country I loved, the country I respected has become a nation of tyrants and masses of people that are completely ignorant of the principles of liberty. The nation that was the envy of the world and the bastion of freedom has now become a nation in serious decline. Just think on this for a minute:
1) The government can spy on anyone in any way with impunity. Listening in on phone calls and internet use with no warrant.
2) They can take your children away from you if they deem you “abusive” which they can define any way they want to. Look at the case of Justina Pelletier in Massachusetts
3) They can force you to sell your property to another private individual if the government says they think its best.
4) They confiscate your earnings without due process of law. They use the I.R.S. to punish political enemies.
5) They take away your second amendment rights.
6) They punish free speech and tell pastors what they are allowed to say, and force you to purchase products you do not want (Obamacare).
7) They allow warrantless searches of private homes, and police are being armed as small armies instead of peace officers.
8) The federal Government can arrest you on suspicions of “terrorist activities” (defined in whatever way they want), and detain you indefinitely with no charges or legal counsel.
9) They regulate your every move and control you.
10) They protect the murders of 55 million babies.
11) They seek to indoctrinate your children in Marxism, and a moral liberal world view. They do their best to train your children not to listen to you above them.
They do all this as the so called conservatives do nothing. The media also is complicit with this despotic government. The American dream in gone, it’s gone because Americans trusted government, and wanted “free” things but the truth is that nothing is free. The price for the dependent society is your liberty and you have paid it almost in full. President Obama is a king, he does what he wants and no one stops him. He cares nothing for the Constitution that he swore to protect and defend from all enemies since he himself is an enemy of it. Obama is a Marxist. He is a true believer in “the end justifies the means” and he will use any means he can to bring about his vision of a Marxist government in which you step in line or else. He lies, cheats, and pays off his political friends with lucrative government contracts with your money. All this while the average American is too stupid or too lazy to see what is happening in front of their very eyes.
Without a revolution there will be no freedom. It will all be gone. Do you realize that I could be arrested just for writing this article? That is how far we have drifted from “life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” I will never stop sounding the warnings of the impending full doom to liberty. I remind you of some important words from Edmund Burke:
1) “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
2) “Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.”
3) “But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition (teaching) or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.”
4) “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Perhaps this word will at least make us think about what we can do to fight tyranny. I hope so, and my wish is that my hope is not in vain although everything I see happening says it is. Ultimately we trust Christ for eternal things, but I fear for my fellow countrymen in what is coming.