June 2013 – The Obama Administration Vindicates the Constitution
by Dr. David M. Berman
“Anti-government nuts, right wing extremists, haters, racists,” and every other name you can think of. We have all heard the big government socialist lovers of centralized power call us Constitutional Americans names. Accusations are made constantly about us not caring for the poor (we give way more to the poor than liberals), not caring for the children (we don’t kill our children), and as Obama put it, clinging to our guns and religion (our Constitutional right to cling to).
For over 25 years I have been speaking out, writing, and preaching concerning the importance of the biblical principles necessary to see a nation sustain God’s blessings and the blessings of liberty itself. The idea that we can continue to dismiss what history’s lessons scream at us concerning excessive government power is foolishness. These are sad days to real Americans. Even sadder is the fact that many Republicans simply look at recent scandals as simply political opportunities. Those of us who deeply care about the principles of liberty do not see these scandals as an opportunity to just get Republicans in. We see these scandals as evidence of the great hoax that has been perpetrated on this once great nation. The Republicans grew government, and Obama is the Republicans on steroids when it comes to centralizing power.
The one bit of solace we true Americans get from government tyranny coming to light is the vindication of what we have said all along. The Constitution is vindicated, the founding principles of liberty are bolstered, and the ones that have been maligned by the President and the media have been proven right. While there is some comfort in that, the comfort is short lived since about half of the citizens are either too dependent on government, or completely clueless as to how illegal, immoral, corrupt, and tyrannical the government has become. The Obama administration has trampled on the Constitution in numerous ways let’s review just a few of these tyrannical actions:
1) The Obama administration has used the I.R.S. to persecute his political enemies and in doing so has broken every principle of this nation’s founding. He has used the government I.R.S. to target conservative groups as to suppress their efforts to get out the vote against him in the last election. Centralized government power has been consolidated under a system of power that has unending resources and force at its disposal. Average citizens are no match for the power of the I.R.S. They have the lawyers, confiscatory power with no due process of law, and police power. – Constitution vindicated!
2) He has given sweetheart government deals to those who helped get him elected. One such nefarious deal is the “SOLYNDRA” company government loan guarantees. In this case Obama made sure that the federal government backed the loans. His administration approved $535 million in guarantees to the now defunct solar company. Who started and ran the company? A man named George Kaiser, who is also a major Obama fundraiser. The Solyndra executives gave about $87,000 to the Presidents election efforts and they received $535 million….not a bad return. – Constitution vindicated!
3) The Obama administration backed and signed into law the defense authorization act of 2012 in which they gave themselves power to arrest and detain American citizens without any due process of law. This they did with the help of Republicans. – Constitution vindicated!
4) The Obama administration charged that James Rosen, a Fox News reporter was a “co-conspirator and flight risk” in order to find a judge to let them spy on his, and his parents personal communications. They did this knowing full well that Rosen was just doing what every reporter has always done; received information from sources and reported it. In doing this the administration tramples on the first amendment. – Constitution vindicated!
5) The Obama administration spied of numerous A.P reporters and seized their records. According to the Washington Times:
“The AP disclosed last week that Justice seized 2012 records of outgoing calls for the work and personal numbers of 20 phone lines assigned to the news service in an attempt to find out who leaked news of the U.S. government’s intervention of a terrorist plot in Yemen. The phone records were from April and May 2012 and included calls made from a main AP number in the House of Representatives press gallery. A congressional source said that is particularly unnerving to congressional leadership. Congress is sensitive about intrusions by the Justice Department, which is part of the executive branch, into its territory in the legislative branch — and legal analysts familiar with separation-of-powers protections in the Constitution say seizing phone records of journalists working out of a House press gallery raises red flags.” –Constitution vindicated!
6) The Obama administration is presiding over the worse violation of against the 4th amendment in history. They are recording every single cell phone call and computer use record of every American. No warrant, no probable cause, no Constitutional authority at all. The 4th amendment reads:
“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
This is completely un- American. The so called Republican Senator from South Carolina Lindsey Graham said this on Fox News:
“I don’t think you’re talking to terrorists, I know you’re not, I know I’m not, so we don’t have anything to worry about,” Graham said. “I’m glad the activity’s going on but it is limited to tracking people who are suspected to be terrorists and who they may be talking to.”
This of course is downright absurd. It is also a lie since every American’s cell phone is tapped. I would ask the Senator if he would be ok with the government coming into his house checking for “terrorist ”literature”? After all, he is not doing anything wrong so why not allow it? The point is that our founders set our judicial system up as innocent until proven guilty. This is what freedom is about. Who I talk to or do not talk to is no one’s business. To assume every citizen is a suspect is to assume everyone guilty until proven innocent. Our founders knew that this type of government power is always used to persecute political enemies, and allows abuse of power in other ways. The Constitution is a limiting document on purpose! If there is no probable cause to tap a phone and a warrant issued, then no one should ever have their phone tapped, period!
I could go on with the numerous violations, the corruption, and outright disregard for the rule of law. I think we all get the point (at least half of us do). The founders warned us of centralized power. This is why they set up enumerated powers within the federal government as well as between the federal and state powers. This is why the Tenth amendment is so clear:
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
With all of the corruption and abuse finally coming to light, the Constitution and those who hold it in high esteem have been vindicated. The “progressives” (another word for communists) have lost the argument however the problem is that many simply do not care since they want the “free” stuff. I pray to God that they would understand that they are receiving things that are not free. They are actually paying for the “free” with their own freedom and the freedom of their children. Eventually they will neither possess stuff or freedom. This is the lesson of history, the warning of the Constitution, and its being played out before our very eyes.
Undoubtedly someone will e mail me after reading this and comment on my insinuation the Constitutional Americans are as I put it “real Americans.” They will be angry at me for not including liberals as real Americans. I will now use a phrase that Obama uses a lot; “Let me be clear”….I do not believe socialistic, centralized power loving, anti-Constitution, baby killing, liberty stealers are real Americans. Got it? Get as angry as you want. I am not moved by anger, or intimidation. The truth is the truth. One more time; CONSTITUTION VINDICATE! Now I pray that my fellow countrymen wake up.