January 2010 – Sheeple
By Dr. David M. Berman
The only thing more discouraging than President Obama’s answers to the moral, political, cultural, and economic situation in America are the numerous “Sheeple.” A sheeple is a person who has the body and soul of a person however at the same time has a sheep’s mind. They are led by emotions and are looking for a political leader to tell them what he is going to do for them, and why they should not trust their fellow Americans who are prosperous. The sheer numbers of Americans that have no understanding of the principles of liberty found in the Constitution is staggering. I can prove that easily. All you have to do is watch how political ads and speeches move the sheeple one way or another. This is due to their susceptibility to being run by emotions and promises. It’s akin to battered wife syndrome where the abuser somehow convinces the abused person that it will be different this time. This happens over and over while the abused wife is getting more and more desperate to believe the words of the abuser, if only for a moment.
The difference is the abuser in the Government and the abused are the American people. The American sheeple listen to words and follow like sheep to the slaughter. There are a large number of Americans who understand this but the large numbers of sheeple continue to elect and support the policies of the abuser. This drags the informed people down with the ignorant sheeple.
Ronald Reagan said;
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.”
“Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.”
“Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today’s world do not have.”
Reagan had the understanding of our nation’s founding. He knew the greatness of America was not due to government. If that were the case, there would have been no need for the American Revolution, and furthermore, America would not have risen to be the envy of the world. America used to be filled with people who had an underlining understanding of the principles of liberty and personal responsibility. That is no longer the case. Let’s look at the contrast between uninformed American sheeple and informed American people;
American Sheeple (also known as Liberals, Progressives, Socialists, Marxists)
1) Governed by Emotions.
2) Ignorant of founding principles of liberty.
3) An entitlement mind-set.
4) Believe it is the president’s job to give them a living.
5) Ignorant of the tyranny of governments in history.
6) Have no idea what creates jobs.
7) Believes the leftist media.
8) More interested in what Jennifer Anniston is wearing than they are in guarding the Constitution.
American People (also known as Conservatives, Constitutionalists, Free Market Lovers of Liberty, Sane);
1) Governed by facts and analysis of policies that are set forth by the standard of the principles of liberty as laid out in the founding documents.
2) Lovers of the principles of liberty, and respect for the original intent of our founding fathers.
3) Believe in hard work, entrepreneurial spirit, risk, personal responsibility for self and family.
4) Believe that the president, Congress, must only do the jobs they were given as outlined in the Constitution.
5) Understand what history teaches about the evils of excessive government.
6) Understands that job creation comes from a profit motive and a reward for investment. Understands that in order for jobs to be created and maintained, people must not have their money confiscated by the unproductive, bloated government. Understand that when people work hard, invest and are successful, they become money makers who continue to invest in the economy. Understands that the no one has a right to what belongs to someone else.
7) Uses logic to decipher what is true in the media and what is not. Takes time to investigate the reports before automatically accepting what is reported by the liberal media.
8) Has a keen long term interest in defending the Constitution rather than a short term mind-set that looks to Oprah and the media, and entertainment elitists to see what is in vogue politically.
Why are there so many who are simply listening to the pop culture entertainment industry, the media, and the leftist political establishment? It is simple, they are dependent of the government and believe that they can’t make it without the government. They have also bought the lie that the government can guarantee the outcome of every citizen. They have allowed the sin of covetousness to grab their heart. This has led to that false assumption that they have a right to the money of the “rich people.” The liberal politicians seize on that and use class envy to build a wedge between those who have invested and been successful, and those who have not. This is exactly what President Obama has been attempting to do all along. He wants to tear down this countries free market system along with the principles of liberty which include personal responsibility. He then wants to (as he put it) “fundamentally transform America.” His idea of transforming America is a takeover of as much of the private sector as he can get. He wants what the Marxists have always wanted, government tyranny over the people, and power for the elite ruling class. This is their desire, this is their mission, this is their motivation, and we must stop them.
It is not up for debate what these people are trying to do. The debate is over. All one has to do is look at the Obama administration. It is loaded with political radicals, Marxist, and social radicals. They have done everything they can to push an agenda void of the principles of liberty. For seventy years we fought the Soviet Union through a cold war because they were anathema to our way of life. Now the sheeple in our own country elected a man who would have been a perfect puppet leader of a Soviet satellite country.
Though it seems that many are waking up, I fear that they are only waking up for a short term because of the economy. I do not believe that they are waking up because of an understanding and embracing of the principles of liberty. I certainly hope that I am wrong on that account. I hope that Americans truly arise from their slumber. We need two revivals; 1) A spiritual revival of our Christian heritage. 2) A revival of our Constitutional (original intent) form of government. If we do not wake up, we will lose liberty to the point of no return, and short of bloodshed, we will have no chance to get it back. If this government continues to do what both Republicans and Democrats have been doing, the best we will have is a little hope for some pocket change. That is not what I can or will ever believe in!